I’m sure there is vengeance to be found! I’m sure I will find it!
I’m sure. I just have to find the right recipient.
worst pain imaginable
I love seeing successful black people.
I love seeing successful PEOPLE.
No. I love seeing successful *BLACK PEOPLE.
what i love about mythbusters is that once they bust a myth they manipulate their variables until something finally explodes bc we all know why you’re really watching this show
Guide to Writing Steampunk
Punk Genres: most common genres are in italics
So why are there so many sub genres? For starters, they help agents and publishers get an idea of what they’re in for if you’re going through the traditional publishing route. While bookstores usually just put these genres within science fiction or fantasy, you can still market your book through sub genres to reach a specific group of people who are looking for these genres.
- Atomicpunk: Optimistic retro science fiction based on the Space Age. Think The Jetsons.
- Biopunk: This genre is about altering genetics and DNA. These stories often take place in the near-future in which humans have been altered or in which human experimentation is common.
- Candlepunk: Similar to clockpunk, but darker and with less technology.
- Clockpunk: Think Da Vinci’s inventions, but more advanced while. This genre follows the aesthetics and technology of Western civilization during the mid to late middle ages, though sometimes it’s set in the Victorian era.
- Cyberpunk: Has advanced technology and often focuses on artificial intelligence and the cyber world. The setting is often near-future rather than far-future. Blade Runner is an example.
- Dieselpunk: Based on aesthetics and technology between World War I and World War II, sometimes up until the Cold War.
- Decopunk: Ranges from the aesthetics of the 1920’s to the 1950’s. Decopunk aesthetic is heavily based on modernism. Less gritty than dieselpunk.
- Elfpunk: Basically urban fantasy, but with common high or epic fantasy creatures put in an urban setting rather than vampires and werewolves.
- Nanopunk: Similar to biopunk, but biotechnology is less available and nanotechnology is common.
- Sandalpunk: Set in ancient worlds, such as Rome, but with advanced technology.
- Splatterpunk: Extremely graphic and contains a lot of gore.
- Steampunk: This genre gets its name from the heavy steam-powered technology involved. Aesthetics are based on the Victorian and industrial eras of the Western world, though other cultural elements may be used.
- Western Steampunk: Similar to steampunk, but with Western (as in Wild West) aesthetics and settings.
However, there are a lot of sub genres, most of which many have not heard of. If you’ve written one of these genres and intend to publish it, the best would be to put it under another name (with the exception of steampunk, cyberpunk, and biopunk). For example, if you have written a candlepunk story, you can propose it as fantasy, alternate historical fiction, or any other genre it may fit in. While atomicpunk is quite common, it’s not well known by that name. If you have written an atompunk story, the best way to market it would be to call it retro science fiction.
But what’s the difference between punk genres and historical fiction? The technology is a big difference. It’s usually more advanced for the time it’s modeled after.TECHNOLOGYThe technology is one of the defining aspects of steampunk. It’s the basis for the world you’re writing in. For the typical steampunk story, technology will be (of course) steam powered.CHARACTERS & FASHIONAnother defining feature of steampunk is the aesthetics and the characters. Steampunk takes the latter part of the word (punk) to mean the opposition of the mainstream, though that’s not always necessary in your story.Research jobs common in the Victorian age and add steam to it. Your characters will revolve around their setting and their clothing may be a part of that too.READING
- Best Steampunk Books
- Best Steampunk and Gaslight
- Favorite Steampunk/Alt History
- Best Fantasy, Steampunk, and Science Fiction BDSM
- Asian Steampunk
- Buttkicking Female Steampunk
- Best Steampunk YA Books
- Best Unknown Steampunk
- Steampunk Adventures
- Gay Steampunk
- Best Vampire Steampunk
- Steampunk Novels and Short Stories
- Best of Cyberpunk
- Best Cyberpunk Books
- Books with Cyberpunk Themes
- Books About Video Games and Virtual Reality
- Researching Steampunk
- A Brief Introduction to Steampunk
- Steampunk Tropes
- What is Steampunk?
- So You Want to: Write a Steampunk Story
- Steampunk Inspiration
- 8 Tips and Tricks Every Steampunk Writer Should Know
- Writing Steampunk Fiction Tips
- Kady Cross Shares her Secrets to Writing Steampunk
- Tips for Successfully Creating Steampunk
- Steampunk Wiki
- List of Writing Steampunk Resources
- Steampunk: a List of Themes
- How to Write Steampunk
- Writing Steampunk
- Tips for Writing Steampunk
HEY LOOK ANON. :3
my milkshakes bring all the boys are the yard and they’re like “your friend is hot”
my mom got chipotle
im crying tears of joy
hola! si, soy mexicana, por costumbre ya sabes, uno contesta todo en inglés aquí!,
Si, mi url se refiere al verbo latín conducir, guiar, pero no empezó tal cual. Hará unos mhm…. 12 años, mientras leía un libro me topé con varias frases, entre ellas spiritum ducere: to lead the breath = to go on living/live, to draw breath . Y ese fue por varios años mi nick, al tiempo lo dejé en Ducere. En el libro, la frase es usada para referirse a alguien al cual tratan de traer de la muerte,y en ese tiempo necesitaba un recordatorio constante, y este me pareció uno bueno, fuerte, adecuado. No sabría muy bien como explicarlo, spiritum ducere, inhalar la vida, que soy lo suficientemente fuerte para inhalar la vida de vuelta en mí
if someone asks if youre wearing the same jeans as you wore yesterday and you are just say “have you ever heard of a washing machine” because they will think that you washed them but you are actually just assessing their knowledge of basic household appliances
when your otp touches foreheads <33333
I finally made a Giveaway again! 8D Mainly because I really really want to give stuff away. Tbh it’s fun, really fun. I hope you enjoy this cute giveaway uvu
Be sure to read the rules though!!
This is what you’ll get i you win:
✿ This Emoticon Kitty sweater!!!
✿ An Alpaca plushie!!!
✿ And a bunch of candy from sweden!!!
Rules and information:
♥ This giveaway is for everyone! No need to follow me!I do appreciate if you did follow me but I’d rather have you follow me because you want to, not because you have to.
♥ No giveaway blogs!
♥ You need to be over 18 or have your parents permission to have things sent to you. Because you do need to be comfortable with giving me your address.
♥Reblogs and likes both counts as entries, but only one per person mainly because only one reblog will show up among the notes uvu
♥ I will use random.org to pick a winner.
♥ You do not need to worry about the shipping! uvu
♥ You will get 3 packages so you know. Otherwise it will cost an unnecessary amount of money for me
♥ If you win you need to tell me if you’re allergic to anything or if there’s anything you don’t like.♥The alpaca will be 17 cm and in a random colour and accessory.
♥ The giveaway will end in a month on the 16th may, on my birthday! uvu
♥ If the winner does not reply in 48 hours i will pick a new one.
♥ I won’t post who the winner is.
♥Also if this giveaway get a lot of notes there is a big chance I will add another price! uvu So be sure to check out if there’s been more updates! I will tag my giveaway as Yaoigiveaway
Goodluck everyone!!! /)>v<(\
Hope this will be as fun for you as it is for me! ♥v♥